Wednesday, December 15, 2010

About Tashu`a & `Asyura

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم


Today I just want to share about Tashu`a which is today, 9 Muharram 1432H and about the following day, the day of `Ashura, tomorrow, 10 Muharram 1432 H. Muslims are encouraged to fast on both days.

I have very little knowledge regarding both days, as to why they are named Tashu`a & `Asyura respectively, and what are the significance or importance of both days to us Muslims. I am but a small learner, still learning and will continue learning.

Hence I would like to lead you my dear readers to this link, from which I too learned for the first time, about the word "Tashu`a"...

http://lisanaldin.blogspot.com/2010/12/on-tashua-ashura.html

Let us all find out the events that happened during Tashu`a & `Asyura days, and share amongst us, so that we may know our deen better.

"Tak kenal maka tak cinta" (If you don't know about something, how can you love it?)

No comments: