Friday, November 19, 2010

A Dedication for Hassan Min`am :)

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

Today, I would like to dedicate this post to a little friend of mine..
who does not know me, has never met me and therefore have no idea who I am.

But I know him.
I have met him, and I know who he is.

Why don't you meet him too? Here...follow this link, and tell me what you think of him.


* * * * * * * *

So, what do you think of my friend in the video?

To me; he is AMAZING.

What an amazing boy.
Only two years old, and he knows things I know not.
I felt so ashamed from the day I knew Hassan in that video...

I mean...he knows the capitals of most Muslim countries! And he's barely two years old.
Me? I am ten times his age, but I don't even know the capital of Libya..or Comoros..and I even made a mistake of thinking Cairo as the capital of Saudi! (Cairo is the capital of Egypt).

I have no problem of admitting my mistakes, my foolishness, or my weaknesses. because that is how we move forward. You have to remove that block first, remove that ego or arrogance of not admitting your weaknesses or mistakes...that is the BIG WALL you have to break down, in order to continue your journey.

My dear sahabahs,
admitting your weaknesses, does not mean you are weak. In fact, it takes a lot of courage, to own up to your mistakes. To be able to sum that courage inside you, isn't that STRENGTH?

Even if it means admitting that your knowledge is lower or beneath than that of a two-year old, it does not make you weaker than him. On the contrary, this is like challenging yourself.

Wake up!
Beat Hassan Min'am if you think you can be better than him!

And so, today, I would like to dedicate this post to Hassan Min'am, whom I consider as my friend, and above all, my teacher. For he has taught me, that age, is no barrier, in seeking knowledge.

Hassan, you have showed me what I must do from now on.

And that is; to move forward, move faster, with the love of Islam at my heart's core.

Allahu akbar. Allahu akbar. Allahu akbar. Allahu akbar wa lillahil hamd.

To my dear friend and teacher in Lebanon, a million thanks, which is not enough I fear, for being my inspiration. You...really are amazing. May Allah Taala sends down His rahmah and barakah to you and your family. May you have an amazing journey...

From your inspiration, I have googled the capitals of all the OIC countries. Let's get to know our brothers and sisters' capitals, from wherever they may be...

Azerbaijan - Baku / Baki
Jordan - `Amman
Afghanistan - Kabul
Albania - Tirana
United Arab Emirates - Abu Dhabi
Indonesia - jakarta
Uzbekistan - Tashkent
Uganda - Kampala
Iran - Tehran
Pakistan - Islamabad
Bahrain - Manama / Al-Manamah
Brunei - Bandar Seri Begawan
Bangladesh - Dhaka
Benin - Porto Novo
Burkina-Faso - Ouagadougou
Tajikistan - Dushanbe
Turkey - Ankara
Turkmenistan - Ashgabat / Ashkhabad
Chad - N'Djamena
Togo - Lome
Tunisia - Tunis
Algeria - Algiers
Djibouti - Djibouti
Saudi Arabia - Riyadh
Senegal - Dakar
Sudan - Khartoum
Syria - Dimashq / Damascus
Suriname - Paramaribo
Sierra Leone - Freetown
Somalia - Mogadishu
Iraq - Baghdad
Oman - Muscat / Masqat (مسقط)
Gabon - Libreville
Gambia - Banjul
Guyana - Georgetown
Guinea - Conakry
Guinea-Bissau - Bissau
Palestine - Baitul Maqdis @ Jerusalem
Comoros - Moroni / Muruni (موروني)
Kyrgyzstan - Bishkek
Qatar - Doha
Kazakhstan - Astana
Cameroon - Yaounde
Cote D'Ivoire @ Ivory Coast - Yamoussoukro
Kuwait - Kuwait
Lebanon - Beirut
Libya - Tripoli / Tarablus (طرابلس)
Maldives - Male (pronounced "mali" i think)
Mali - Bamako
Malaysia -Kuala Lumpur
Egypt - Cairo / Kaherah
Morocco @ Maghribi - Rabat
Mauritania - Nouakchott / Nuakshatt (نواكشط)
Mozambique - Maputo
Niger - Niamey
Nigeria - Abuja
Yaman @ Yemen - San'a (صنعاء)


Oh, I almost forgot. Noticed what he said at the end of the video?

He answered his father, something that even his father was speechless for a moment.

When his father asked, "What is the capital of Israel?"

It only took a moment before he said,
"There is NO ISRAEL. ONLY FALASTIN (PALESTINE)!"
(smiles) May Allah Taala bless you and your mother and father (Maryuma and `Ali)...

No comments: